The course includes:
In this component you will understand how we grow and develop throughout our lives:
exploring how individuals develop physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually over time investigating how various factors, events and choices impact individuals’ growth and development discovering how people adapt to life events and cope with making changes.
In this component you will understand how the health and social care sector works and the care values that lie at the core of it:
- learning which health and social care services are available
- identifying why people might need to use these services
- discovering who’s involved in providing these services
- exploring what might stop people from accessing the services they need
- looking at the care values the sector has to make sure people get the care and protection they need.
In this component you will understand how to improve someone’s health and wellbeing:
- learning what ‘being healthy’ means to different people
- exploring the different factors that might influence health and wellbeing
- identifying key health indicators and how to interpret them
- assessing an individual’s health using what they’ve learned
- creating a health and wellbeing improvement plan for that person, which includes targets and recommendations of support services available
- reflecting on the potential challenges the person may face when putting the plan into action.
The course includes:
In this component you will understand and explore the characteristics of children’s growth and development:
- understanding the difference between growth and development
- exploring factors that affect growth and development
- illustrating how children grow and develop across the ages of birth to five years old.
In this component you will develop an understanding of how children learn through play:
- exploring how children play
- understanding how play can be organised to promote learning
- demonstrating how children’s learning can be supported through play
In this component you will understand how a child learns, develops and adapts through play:
- understanding how individual circumstances can impact on a child’s
learning and development
- exploring safe environments to support play, learning and development
- investigating how a child learns, develops and how to adapt activities to support the inclusion of all children in play for learning and development.